- FM & catering: The ins and outs of catering outsourcing is analysed, also negotiating service-level agreements for catering contracts, the pros and cons of various of catering contracts and contract management.
- Quality: Outsourcing requires a clear set of requirements and specifications prior to the tendering process. This module also looks at the evaluation of catering bids, and related issues such as internal and external quality and certification requirements. We also look at the pros and cons of certification and compile a program of requirements for certification.
- Statutory Requirements: This course ensures that the catering manager will be aware of applicable statutes and will know how best to incorporate these into the provision of catering. This includes hygiene and systems like HACCP (Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points).
- Menus: In determining the ideal menu to be offered to staff, we look at the setting of company policy and determining of staff preference. The objective is to find cost-effective solutions.
- Hygiene: We review all the relevant statutes and regulations with regard to catering, e.g. HACCP (Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points).
- Furnishings: This model exposes participants to a variety of issues that may impact the catering function, e.g. ambience, efficiency, feasibility, staff matters, regulations, etc. The objective is to find a workable parity between these issues.
- Financial Control: A comparative approach to various cost management systems will greatly assist catering managers in finding an optimal system.
Who should attend?
Managers and supervisors:
- responsible for the catering function.
- who have or are planning to outsource their catering.
- who are interested in expanding their specialist catering knowledge and skills.
- Expanding knowledge and skills required for optimal management of the catering function.
- Five days (Could be offered as consecutive or non-consecutive days).
Certification and NQF (National Qualifications Framework) Level:
Certificate of participation is issued for attendance only. Course is offered at NQF level 4 and those who wish can submit to assessment and if they succeed can get a certificate of competence.