The course is intended for employees who are involved within the broad field of FM. The focus is on the FM function in the organisation, the FM tools and the outsourcing of services.
Facilities management with the organisation:
- The role and function of facility services within the organisation.
Focus areas within FM:
- We focus on cleaning services, the logistics of relocation, meeting rooms/venues, purchases, telephone services, office automation, security, ambiance, etc.
Organising and delegation:
- Improving management skills in conjunction with communication skills.
Integrated service provision:
- Various FM tools are introduced, e.g. the concept of the Service Activity Manual and the Central Help Desk.
- Trainees are orientated with regard to the legal aspects of contracts with external service providers and labour relations in general.
- Responsibilities of the FM department regarding planned and unplanned maintenance are covered.
Who should attend?
Employees who are:
- Employed within the FM unit.
- Are responsible for supervising the provision of general facility services in the organisation.
- Broadening of knowledge and skills that will facilitate the professionalisation of facility services.
- Five consecutive days.
Certification and NQF (National Qualifications Framework) Level:
- Certificate of participation is issued for attendance only. Course is offered at NQF level 3 and those who wish can submit to assessment and if they succeed can get a certificate of competence.